Design your own Indian outfits at affordable cost

Hi girls. How are you all. I am obsessed with the song Matargashti from the Movie Tamasha these days and i am loving the Ranbir Deepika sizzling chemistry in the promos. Anyways this was just what was going on in my head right now and there was no need to mention it here (hehe). So today's topic is how to design your own dresses for the wedding and party season. I was so overwhelmed by the warm response that i got from you guys on my earlier post "how to reuse your anarkali suit and convert it into a lehanga" (Click here for the post ) so i decided to share some more tips with you guys.

design your ethnic wear at affordable price
Design your own outfit inspired from celebs
Design your own indian outfits celebrity inspired
My outfits designed by me

Right from my college days i used to have so many ideas for my outfits and used to get my tops and suits designed. It has lots of advantages. Firstly you get exactly what you wish for yourself at super affordable cost. Secondly you get the exact fit. And Lastly your outfit is unique with your personal touch.

The first step to design your own outfit is to have an image of exactly what you want. I save pictures from internet to show my tailor exactly what i want. Second step is to talk to your tailor about how much fabric is needed for the outfit. I always prefer to bring the fabric myself as the quality is better when we choose ourselves.Search a fabric shop where you get fabrics at reasonable prices.

When i was getting married i decided to get my mehendi outfit designed. I wanted a floor length anarkali in orangish red color. Now this color fabric was very hard to get so i bought a white fabric and got it dyed in this color of my choice. I bought different laces to match the fabric from Jaipur. You can get beautiful laces from Kinari bazar, Delhi. It is just simply awesome. I also bought a brocade fabric for the top of anarkali and sleeve ends. The sleeve ends had brocade and then the laces which gave the illusion of bangles. Below is the picture of final outfit and i got lots of complements for my dress. Also no need to mention that i got this dress designed by my local tailor at super affordable cost.

Design your own Indian ethnic wear at affordable price
My mehendi outfit (fabric and laces from Jaipur)
Red floor length anarkali suit
My Floor length Anarkali outfit designed by me


Here is another suit which again i got designed. I saw his amazing Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla brocade suit on Aishwarya and I knew that I wanted it. So I went to a fabric shop (sale was going on at that time) suggested by my cousin  on my trip to Ahmedabad and i bought a beautiful red gold brocade fabric. I think red colour looks stunning on Indian skin tone and it is totally apt for marriage functions and parties. I showed the Sherwani style suit design to my tailor and asked him to pair it with bronze laces. I got the Maroon silk churidar from Lifestyle stores. Hence with so nominal stitching charges I got this gorgeous suit designed and i get so many complements whenever i wear it. People ask me from where have i bought it and i tell them that please do a little fabric hunting and design your own unique outfits at affordable prices. For your info both the outfits above are under INR 5000 each.

Design your own Indian ethnic wear at affordable price
My Brocade suit inspired by this aishwarya brocade suit on right



Design your own Indian Ethnic wear at affordable price
My red gold brocade suit designed by me

Design your own Indian outfits at affordable price
Look paired with earrings (Jaipur) , smokey eye and nude lips

Red brocade party wear suit
Red gold brocade suit with high donut bun and trendy earrings





In the summer i got this Beige colour boat neck sleevess kurta and ankle palazzo designed for which i bought 5 m poly silk fabric (Approx 225 rs per meter). I style it with mojaris and long chain and it looks super chic and stylish.

Indian straight kurta silk with ankle length palazzos
Straight kurta with ankle length Palazzos designed by me


So to conclude, first imagine the whole outfit in your mind. Go through different sites like Pinterest on internet, observe what you like and save pictures. Now work with your creativity. Add your unique touch to the design. Imagine different color combinations and select the color and design which will suit your skin color and body type. It will be great if you modify the design in your own unique way because only you know what will suit you the best. Then buy fabrics and accessories yourself. Find a tailor which gives you the best fit. This is how i create my own outfits at super affordable cost.

So guys I hope this Post was useful to you. Be creative and unique this wedding party season. BBye for now. Feel beautiful be stylish.




Labels: , , , , , , ,