Ethnic wear : 4 ways to style plain black kurta

Hi girls. How are you all doing? How was your New year party. I hope you all had too much fun. I like spending special days with my family rather than going outside and getting stuck in huge traffic of Delhi. Anyhow  yesterday I listened to the song “Hello” from Adele Back to back and I was once again in love with her voice. Her voice is so majestic that it makes me nostalgic and I again want to join western classical vocals classes which I left years ago (sigh L ). Anyhow coming back to today’s topic. Well you all know how I love designing my outfits with a particular look in my mind (You must have read my earlier post on “Design your own Indian outfits at affordable cost”). So, in this post I have created 4 looks below with a Plain black kurta.


Indian Ethnic Bridal Marriage Wear
Four Looks with Plain Black Silk kurta
Plain Black long kurta is so versatile. I got this 2.5m black chanderi silk fabric (Approx INR1350/ ). Got it stitched as long kurta with boat neck and long sleeves with churis. You can create different looks with a simple plain black kurta. Black looks great with red, beige, gold, pink etc. Everyone has a black churidar in the wardrobe. Grab a heavy chunni from your existing wardrobe or a colorful jacket and voila you will look stylish and elegant. I have used three chunnis and a jacket from my wardrobe to create these looks below.

 For the first look, I used this beige chunni with peach thread work. I paired the look with the beautiful peach juttis from Vian Label. Vian label has such an amazing collection of juttis in so many goegeous varieties and colors. I just love their juttis. They are so stunning and comfortable at the same time. I picked the pearl jewellery (which I showed you guys in my last post on “My November Jewellery shopping haul”) with this look. This look will be apt for day time semi formal functions like Pooja or baby shower.

Indian Ethnic Bridal Marriage Wear
Plain Black kurta styled with beige peach chunni, pearl jewellery and peach juttis


Indian Ethnic Bridal Marriage Wear Vian label
Plain Black kurta styled with beige peach chunni, pearl jewellery and peach juttis


Indian Ethnic Bridal Marriage Wear jewellerymakeup
Soft makeup, pearl jewellery, french manicure and peach juttis from Vian Label


For the second look, I used my engagement heavy work fuschia chunni. I paired the look with big pearl earrings, rajasthani borla and a golden polti bag. Borla looks so beautiful and unique. Malaika arora sports borla a lot and looks so gorgeous.  This look is perfect for a marriage or sangeet party (you will look gorgeous dancing to “Chittiya kalaiya ve” in this dress..hehe).

Indian Ethnic Bridal Marriage Wear
Plain Black kurta styled with Pink kundan work chunni, Big earrings and potli bag

Indian Ethnic Bridal Marriage Wear
Plain Black kurta styled with Pink kundan work chunni, Big earrings and potli bag

Indian Ethnic Bridal Marriage Wear jewellery borla
Brown Smokey eye with Fuschia lips, Big earrings, Pearl jewellery and Borla

For the third  look I used this beautiful phulkari work jacket to create a casual look. I bought this 
jacket from Dilli haat for about INR 650/. This is perfect for work or casual outing. I paired the look with beautiful red mirror work bangles that I got from Jaipur (which I showed you guys in my last post on “My November Jewellery shopping haul”).

Indian Ethnic Wear phulkari work jacket vian label juttis
Plain Black kurta styled with Phulkari work jacket, pink earrings and Peach juttis


Indian Ethnic Wear phulkari work jacket vian label juttis
Plain Black kurta styled with Phulkari work jacket, pink earrings and Peach juttis


Indian Ethnic Wear Mirror work bangles
So happy to flaunt my mirror work bangles (mere haatho main nau nau churiya hain..hehe)


In the fourth and final look I paired the kurta with a red bandhej chunni. Red bandhej looks so beautiful with black. I teamed up the outfit with the silver imitation jewellery (the one that I showed you in my earlier post "My October shopping haul" from Goa).

Indian Ethnic Wear red bandhej chunni silver jewellery
Plain Black kurta styled with Red bandhej chunni, silver jewellery and Tan mojaris


Indian Ethnic Wear red bandhej chunni antique silver jewellery
Brown smokey eyes, winged liner and Silver Jewellery with red lips


Indian Ethnic Wear antique silver jewellery
Silver bangles with Elephant design bracelet in between and french manicure

So guys this is how I created different casual and formal looks with a plain black kurta. It is so affordable. You just have to invest in a plain black kurta and use your existing wardrobe. We have so many beautiful things in our wardrobe which we can utilize in different ways. We don’t have to invest in new ethnic clothes all the time. I always use heavy chunnis of my engagement and marriage lehangas as they lay unused after using once or twice. You can’t use the same dress always but you can use the lehanga or the chunni or the beautiful heavy blouse separately with different combinations and voila no one will ever recognize that you have used you old dress (you must have read my earlier post on “how to reuse your anarkali andconvert it into a lehanga” where also I used my existing wardrobe).

So guys I hope you like this post. Please share your comments. Happy New Year to all of you and have a great year ahead. BBye for now. Be innovative, be creative, feel beautiful and be stylish.


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,